Monday, July 31, 2006

Owed to a Spell Checker (with apologies to Percy Dovetonsils)

[I don't know who E. Bear is - I came across this delightful poem years ago and have no other artifact from its author. Since I frequently use the incorrect spelling of common words or blindly allow the spell checker to incorrectly correct words I use, I thought this fine little ditty should crawl off my hard drive into the public eye once more]


I have a spelling checquer
It came with my pea sea
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea

Eye ran this poem threw it
Your sure real glad two no
It's vary polished in it's weigh
My checker tolled me sew

A checker is a bless sing
It freeze yew lodes of thyme
It helps me awl stiles two reed
And aides me when aye rime

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud
And wee mussed dew the best wee can
Sew flaws are knot aloud

And now bee cause my spelling
is checked with such grate flare
Their are know faults with in my site
Of nun eye am a wear

Each frays comes posed up on my screen
Eye trussed to be a joule
The checker poured o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule

That's why aye brake in two averse
By righting wants too pleas
Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear for pea seas

E. Bear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home